Sunday, April 15, 2007

The week that was!!

This has been quite an eventful week. The week started off with my first visit to Madison Square Garden (MSG) [ the world's most famous arena] for a NBA game between the home team Knicks and the Detroit Pistons. The game was exciting in the first and third quarters when the knicks made a fight of it, but ultimately the Pistons had too much class. Pistons is leading the Eastern conference overall, but they are nowhere near the Western teams like the Suns, Mavericks or the Spurs. I think the Western conference is an overwhelming favorite to win the title this time around.
I was quite excited for the game, but ultimately it turned out to be less exciting. First of all, the arena looks quite old and it badly needs a facelift. The lights were not so good, it was quite hot inside and the big display screens were so dull that nobody could see them. The Knicks were not upto the mark and a lot of their players were injured as well. The players were tired towards the end of the season and Knicks had the play off hopes dashed as well.
I went out with my cousins to an Ethiopian restaurant for dinner. The ethiopian cuisine is so similar to south indian food, with their staple food being injira (pulicha dosai) and the different vegetables resembling keera mashial, beans, chutney, cabbage curry and so on. It is very surprising that they have so much of vegetarian options. A nice dinner overall.
Today is Visu, Tamil New Year's day. I miss the celebrations back home, where you go to your relatives houses and get the Visu Kani. It was quite fun and I used to get quite a collection by the end of the day. I wanted to go to the Flushing temple today, but due to heavy rains I am under house arrest.
Overall, not a bad week!!!!!!

No comments: